Girls in Tech Liberia is a non-profit organization that works to reduce the gender gap and encourage women to embrace technology. We advocate for girls' and empowered women who are passionate about technology in Liberia, with an emphasis on Sustainable Development Goal 5 which is to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
3. Efficient service delivery
4. Promoting women's right
Our team's vision is to motivate girls to pursue their tech ambitions by demonstrating the awesomeness of the technology industry and the abundance of opportunities available to them in this field. Most importantly, we want to provide young girls in Liberia and West Africa with an incredible experience that past generations of women did not have. The rising generation of computer-savvy women begins now, and it starts with educating, empowering, and engaging young girls. Our goal is to empower 10 thousand women and girls by 2030, meeting Sustainable Development Goal 5, which is to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
We focused on 4 primary areas that are a call for action: Education, Scholarship, Entrepreneurship, Advocacy, and Sensitization
1. Education: We offer short Tech, Training, and Capacity Building courses.
2. Scholarship programs: We solicit scholarships for girls that exceed requirements.
3. Entrepreneurship: We teach women and girls the business aspect of tech to help them set up their own businesses to generate income.
4. Advocacy and Sensitization: We do Radio, TV, and Social Media live streaming programs. Through this action, We create an impact on girl’s/women's skills and confidence, preparing them for success.
The number of women in technology roles has always been lesser than that of males. Employers are making every effort to hire more women in the area, yet there appears to be a shortage of women joining the field. This is mostly due to the perception of technology as a male-dominated topic to study in school.
Girls in Tech Liberia supports and encourages more girls to join Tech in-order to get access to tech education and other tech opportunities.
We need more girls in tech and we need them to stay in tech field.
Girls in Tech Liberia is a non-profit organization that works to reduce the gender gap and encourage women to embrace technology.
With your support, we can impact more girls in tech. Please donate to our program and help us make a difference.